DRESS CODE POLICY
- No item that constitutes a threat to the health, safety, or education of students at St. John Lutheran School is allowed.
- No matter what is accepted in public or recreational areas, parents have the main responsibility for ensuring proper dress habits for their children in a school setting.
- Cleanliness, good personal hygiene, and clean clothing are expected.
- Boys and girls will wear solid khaki, navy, or black pants (cargo pants acceptable) shorts, skorts, skirts, or jumpers. No jeans, except for Fridays. No sweatpants and no stretch pants except under skirts or jumpers. Collared polo shirts with long or short sleeves in any color may be worn. Quarter size pocket emblems are acceptable as are all St. John emblems. Writing on shirts is not acceptable. Solid colored T- shirts or turtlenecks may be worn under polos. Solid colored sweaters or fleece with no hoods may be worn over polos. St. John warm-up jackets may also be worn.
- Sneakers are acceptable daily footwear. No open toed shoes on the playground. Sneakers must be worn in the gym. No flip flops. All shoes must have a back or a back strap.
- Proper GYM clothes are required for students in Grades 5-8. Proper GYM clothes include: gym shorts (fingertip length), St. John t-shirt, socks and sneakers. This does not apply to recesses.
- Hats, hoods, coats, gloves, and scarves SHALL NOT BE WORN IN SCHOOL unless there is a heating problem. The teachers will determine if this action is necessary.
- Proper length for skirts, dresses and shorts: determined by the end of the student’s fingertips when arms are held down at side. Cut-off shorts of any length are UNACCEPTABLE.
- Students are reminded to dress according to the daily dress code for formal school events such as Awards Night, Graduation, Christmas and Spring Concerts, and plays unless otherwise specified by the teacher.
- St. John Wear Fridays- The 2015-16 theme shirts and jeans or acceptable school code shorts are acceptable school dress code on Fridays.
- Pants are to be worn above the hips. Belts may be necessary.
- Hair Styles with unnatural coloring that draws undue attention are to be avoided.
Formal School Events (Awards Night, Graduation, Concerts, Plays)
- No pictures or writing on clothing.
- Only collared polo’s and oxford shirts (button down shirts) will be permitted. All colors are acceptable.
- Girls may wear modest dresses (not form fitting)
- School Dress Code Policy is acceptable.
Gym Dress Code
- For ANY activity in the GYM, SNEAKERS ARE THE ONLY ACCEPTABLE FOOTWEAR.
- Proper GYM clothes are required for students in Grades 5-8. St. John t-shirts, shorts, socks, and sneakers. This does not apply to recesses.
Dress Down Day (Last Friday of Every Month)
*$1.00 is required to participate in dress down day. Money will go toward the new gym floor.
- Sweatpants and stretch pants are not acceptable.
- Writing on shirts MUST be appropriate.
We reserve the right to change expectations to the dress code at any time.